By June 2007, my dissertation proposal is about to be completed.
I think, at this stage I need professional advise from those who are experts in the area / field that I'm working with, requesting them to review my write-ups. Besides, I have to admit that I'm having problems in writing up the Methodology section.
At this juncture, I'm open to any form of feedback, be it a lengthy form of critics or just a simple plain recommendations.
So, I sent 14 emails of my draft proposal to them (quite an ambitious effort...don't you think???). They're from local, Australia and New Zealand universities. Anyhow, only a handful of them replied and commented. It's ok actually as it somehow shows that they are interested in my intended study.
The first positive reply came from ECU (Aus). The Prof commented that, as I quote, "Interesting. I think you need to make a case for why Malaysia might be different - this could be a good motivator....."
Next came from a Prof from UiTM. She congratulates me for my effort to pursue my PhD studies. She then did "track changes" for me using the Microsoft Word software to add/delete and commented on areas that she wish me to further elaborate.
Then, came from USM who had mentioned that my study is quite important. She then listed out her point of views of how the proposal need to be improved.
Other replies however, are basically the steroreotypical type of answer as "Thank you. I will look into it later...." (sampai la ni tak dapek dapek lagi.....)
But somehow I feel grateful that, at the very least, I am on the correct path....
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment