I've been thinking to pursue my PhD study for quite some time. It's just that the timing need to be correct.... plus with some uni policies and procedures that needed to be adhered to.
After graduating from my Master study, I started my career in Dec 2003 (well...actually I started in Feb 2001 as a contract lecturer before leaving the uni to pursue my study) holding a Temporary post.I am only eligible to apply for my uni scholarship in Aug 2007.
To apply, the person needs to be confirmed in his positioned first. So this is how it all started..... First, I've to be admitted in a permanent post (admitted in April 2004) after graduating from my Master study (in 2003). Then, to be confirmed in my position (Pengesahan di Dalam Jawatan Tetap), I need to attend a two-week Induction Course (compulsory....plus the candidates are required to submit two assignments and sit for an exam).
I've applied to sit for the Course in 2005, unfortunately, Shah Alam had denied my application simply because..."ada ramai lagi senior yang dah tiga tahun berkhidmat yang masih belum lagi hadir Kursus Induksi....Jadi kami dahulukan mereka2 ni dulu...."
That really2 irritates me.... I then need to find a suitable date to choose from to ensure that the course did not clash with any study and exam sessions. To cut things short, I've to wait till Apr 2006 just to materialise this.
Then, by May 2006, I got the Induction Course results, of which I passed. Next, applied to get my position confirmed. And on Feb 2007, I've confirmed in my post. Alhamdulillah......
So....it took me more than two years in order to be eligible to apply for my PhD Scholarship..... (as one of the requirements is the candidates needed to be confirmed in his position first). Should I get through with the Induction Course in 2005, I would be able to save 1 year of my precious life in getting my scholarship....
Anyhow, it all happen for reasons... I abide to that!!
Monday, December 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment