The PhD journey has ended... : (

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

ECU

Edith Cowan University (ECU) is the uni that I've selected to pursue my PhD study. There are four good reasons to explain on the choice of ECU.

First of all, it is located in Western Aus where child education is free (one of the most pertinent requirements for those who wish to bring along his/her family members).

Another important reason is because of this person, Prof Malcolm Smith, who is a Professor of Accounting at its School of Accounting, Finance and Economics. I've known him since 2003 when I studied at University of South Australia (UniSA) last time. Back then, he was my Research Supervisor for my Master thesis. Our relationship last till this date. We still keep in touch trough email occasionally. I feel grateful to get to know him as he is the person who had provide assistance in publishing our (my colleagues and me) works in various refereed journals. Earlier this year, he cynically emailed me and said, "I will have two PhD students from your Uni this year,but not you....". Imagine how I felt!!! I've been emotionally and mentally challenged....And this is not the first time he had made such a remark!!!

The third reason, Perth is just about 5 hours away by air...plus the time zone is only 1 hour difference as compared to Malaysia. So it is basically quite near... (another good reason to easily hopping back to Malaysia).

And my final reason is, I have few colleagues who are currently or will be studying in ECU. HP and RD came in July 2007. SN and TZ will begin their study in ECU coming Feb 2008. Another friend of mine, RA, will begin her study at Curtin University which is also located in Perth in Feb 2008 as well.

Imagine how I feel right know. I feel blessed. Thanks God for making my life easy and hastle-free.. (at this point of time)

Remember my second posting??? Everything do happened for some good reasons....

2 comments:

  1. Supervisor-is another reason why most of PhD students could not finish their studies. However, based from my experiances, only 5% is contributed by them, and the rest is from your hardwork and creativity! As I said, there are 99 steps to go! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. bro, aku stumbled kat ur blog since I sent my enquiry to ECU jugak.

    ECU ni aku macam ko cakap,senang nak dapat.. tak rasa pelik ke.

    Aku apply kat QUT,Melbourne jugak sebelum ni... tak semudah tu diorang nak reply.

    Btw, kalau rezeki aku kat ECU, aku pun mungkin akan sambung phd ke sana, bro. Cuma aku buat Computer Science.

    Good Luck!

    najmi . zabidi @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete