The PhD journey has ended... : (

Monday, April 28, 2008

Student Visa - Australia

My uni is having its exam weeks now. I am currently juggling my part between marking my exam papers, invigilating two exam sessions and in the midst of applying for my Australian student visa.

I would say that the application for the student visa is a tedious process. You need to fully understand its requirements and prepares the required documents to support your application. The info and its instruction could be accessed in the Australian Immigration's website.

The application could be made either through three ways, either by post, by hand or through online, of which I prefer the latter. The online application is quite easy. The visa cost me for AUS$430, which is paid through online.

The next day, I received an email notifiying the acceptance of my application and requesting for supporting documents (quite efficient!!).

Here comes the tedious parts!!

I need to get documents such as my Marriage Certificate and my children's birth certificates, translated by a Certified Translator. I have to take a day leave to travel to High Court Melaka to get this service. It cost me RM20 per page being translated.

Then, copies of our passports and the translated documents need to be certified by a Commissioner of Oath.

After that, I need to scan these documents in pdf formats and email them to the Australian Immigration office in Perth, Australia.

There are also medical check-ups that my family need to go through. I am currently trying to identify suitable dates to arrange for it. Mind you, the medical check-ups need to be made at the appointed Australian Immigration's panels only. Luckily, the nearest panel of clinics are available in Melaka.

I hope that, my family and I are in healthy conditions and can get through with it. InsyaAllah....

7 comments:

  1. Syahrul,
    Applying Visa memang menyusahkan tambahan kalau negara yang kita nak pergi tu memang anti-terrorist. Masa saya apply Visa untuk ke US, mula-mula kena apply online, lepas tu kena attend interview kat Embassy, masa nak interview tu, nak masuk ke Embassy macam nak masuk dalam flight. Habis semua kena scan, kena buka kasut. Securitynya ber layer-layer. Cakap dengan pegawai yang interview pun melalui cermin (kalis peluru agaknya), sekali tengok macam sesi cakap dengan banduan pulak. Nak buat cam mana... kita nak pergi negara orang.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr Intan,

    Apa yang ditanya semasa interview tu?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Syahrul,

    Masa interview kat US embassy tu, kena tunjuk surat-surat yang diterima dari organizer INPEX dan juga any documents such as resit booking hotel. Lepas tu dia tanya pasal research yang nak present kat sana so jadilah macam sesi research presentation pulak. Surat tawaran kerja UiTM, kad staf, slip gaji semuanya kena tunjuk. Tapi mungkin kalau kes macam U australia tak seteruk US agaknya. Macam my case hari tu, payung pun kena scan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. takpe, bersusah dulu...Aku Tunggu kau kat sini...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hai,
    Jurubahasa Mahkamah Melaka caj RM 20 sahaja. Di JB 1 page RM 30 dan KL pulak RM 50, dan 1 minggu baru siap.
    How is the translation, berkualiti dan pantas tak?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salam Anon,

    Ianya siap dalam masa dua hari sahaja dan saya sangat berpuas hati walaupun terpaksa naik ke Melaka dari Segamat.

    ReplyDelete